Since 2004, LEF has provided mentoring, networking, and educational opportunities for over 600 students and alumni globally as well as to our vast network of industry friends of LEF. We pride ourselves in being the premier organization solely focused on the retail and luxury goods industry and providing a networking platform to all those associated with the organization, as well as unique events in which new and innovative concepts and tendencies are unveiled. LEF has grown to over 14 programs, and we now need your support in order to maintain and expand our experiences as the organization’s footprint becomes ever more global. Starting as of September 1, 2017, access to LEF events will require a minimum annual donation of $150 per year. This annual donation will provide access to our exclusive events such as the Luxury Round Table, Students’ Final Presentations and Conversation Series as well as networking opportunities within our growing community of luxury leaders.”
LEF is at a crossroads to institutionalize and expand its programs as the organization’s footprint becomes ever more global. The foundation is looking for support to carry on its mission and provide unparalleled opportunities to the future leaders of all sectors.
Friends of LEF Tiers:
Friend: $250 contribution
Friends of LEF will be receiving 2 tickets to each of the three LEF landmark events described below. Please note that $150.00 is not tax-deductible.
· Annual Luxury Round Table: The LEF Luxury Round Table (LRT) is an annual panel discussion in which three to four industry leaders share their views on current trends and challenges facing the industry with an enthusiastic group of business and design students. The event targets an audience of approximately 150 students and alumni from Columbia Business School, Parsons the New School for Design, and select industry guests.
· Final Students’ Presentations: The Final Presentations mark the culmination of the semester-long Master Class course “Design & Marketing of Luxury Products”, where the students work together to create design solutions and marketing models tailored especially for today’s luxury consumer. At this unique gathering of students, alumni, and luxury executives, the student teams will unveil their own innovative solutions. LEF is delighted to welcome presidents and senior level executives from leading luxury firms, Columbia Business School and Parsons students, faculty, and alumni, and select members of the press.
· Conversation Series: Sponsored by Departures Magazine, this series of evening conversations with luxury experts features guest speakers from the luxury sector and other relevant industries to speak on their experience as well as personal point of view, offering insight to students and select guests. The most recent Conversation Series featured renowned fashion designer and icon, Carolina Herrera.
Associate: $1,000 contribution
In addition to the Friends’ level benefits, you will have exclusive access to the following additional programs. Please note that $210.00 is not tax deductible.
· 2 tickets to the Marketing Luncheon: This lunchtime panel discussion provides MBA students interested in marketing with the rare opportunity to have an open dialogue with leading marketing professionals and gain a better understanding of career paths and opportunities for MBA graduates in the luxury industry. LEF is proud to collaborate on this program with the Marketing Association of Columbia (MAC) and Retail & Luxury Goods Club (RLG) at Columbia Business School.
· 2 tickets to the Retailing Luncheon: This unique lunchtime panel discussion provides MBA students interested in careers in luxury with the rare opportunity to have an open dialogue with leading luxury executives and Alumni to gain a better understanding of career paths and opportunities for MBA graduates in the luxury industry. The discussion brings together 2 CEOs and one to 2 Alumni with experience in retail internships to offer students insight into the role and importance true retail experience can have for an executive working at a luxury firm. This dynamic group of speakers will engage with a select audience of about 50 students from the RLG club.
· Access to LEF newsletter curated quarterly for luxury industry professionals.
· Access to exclusive LEF Luxury Leaders Podcasts curated by LEF executives for luxury industry professionals.
Professional: $5,000 contribution
In addition to the Associates’ level benefits, you will have exclusive access to the following additional programs. Please note that $880.00 is not tax deductible.
· 4 Tickets to each LEF Invite Only Event (Luxury Round Table, Students’ Final Presentations, Marketing Luncheon, Retailing Luncheon and Conversation Series)
· 4 Tickets to LEF Annual Alumni Networking Event: In fall 2016, LEF hosted its first Annual Networking Event sponsored by Cadillac for recent graduates as well as current LEF Alumni to connect with one another about career opportunities. The event was hosted at the new Cadillac House in SoHo and featured a panel discussion on mentoring between Advisory Board executives and the Alumni. LEF has also hosted networking events at CHANEL and Havas Luxe to engage the Alumni. Most recently, the Annual Networking Event was hosted by Ferragamo and featured a panel discussion with Vincent Ottomanelli, CEO & Regional Director of Ferragamo USA, Lane Gerson, Co-Founder of Jack Erwin and Nolan Walsh, Co-Founder of Thursday Boots. The panel was moderated by Andrew S. Klug, Producer at RETINALproductions and LEF Alum from the CBS class of ’09.
· Job Posting: Access to LEF highly talented pool of young leaders, in both creative and business worlds, for recruiting purposes
· Social Media Access: promote events or campaigns with LEF’s extensive Alumni Network via its private Facebook and LinkedIn groups
· Alumni Think Tank Series: Host or participate as a guest speaker for the Alumni Think Tank Series to discuss a designated topic related to industry best practices (subject to availability, relevancy to subject matter).
Partner: $10,000 Contribution
In addition to the Professional level benefits, you will have exclusive access to the following additional programs. Please note that $900.00 is not tax deductible
· Annual Scholarship Awards: Underwrite and have naming rights to one LEF Scholarship for a Columbia Business School Ph.D. for one semester, or one LEF Scholarship for a Parsons Design student for a year: these scholarships are awarded to candidates who exhibit an extraordinary level of leadership and innovation in their work, and whose accomplishments are a testament to their commitment and talent in their fields.
· Invitation to Annual Advisory Board Breakfast: Opportunity to meet in an intimate setting with LEF Advisory Board and LEF Alumni Council members to network and discuss the future of the organization and its programs.
· Mentorship Program to cultivate a Parsons or CBS student for 1 year: Unique opportunity to connect with aspirational students to exchange ideas and business practices in a mutually beneficial setting. Have direct impact on developing luxury’s future leaders.
We would like to recognize the LEF Advisory Board members who graciously contribute a $45,000 commitment over three years. Their annual donations have provided LEF with the opportunity to grow and prosper, nurturing our future leaders.